1.14.2012

Retirement

TODAY'S MOTIVATION

The other day my hubby and I were talking about the future, you know what we want to do when retire.  Stuff like that. You always picture yourself living forever, being able to do whatever you want, even when you are older. But the thing is, if you don't take care of yourself, you may not be able to do all that you thought you would be able to. For example, I look at some people who have a hard time going up and down stairs, or people who can't take their dog for a walk, and they are only just starting their golden years!




I want to enjoy my abled body while I still can, and hopefully if I take care of myself I will be able to still do these things when I retire and until I am REALLY old. That's what motivates me today. 

RANT OR RAVE

Can I just say that I am particularly liking my kickboxing classes these days, and not just for the activity, but for the mental boost that I get when I go. This week I didn't get to make it as much as I wanted, but it's nice to know when I do go people are glad to see me there - and I'm happy to see them. 

RANDOMS

Ok, so lately since Maya has been crawling, she has been finding herself in all kinds of new poses and postures. She tries to climb on everything and pull herself up, but sometimes she gets stuck. You know how when you climb a tree and then can't get back down? It's kind of like that. She will get stuck and then she starts making this high pitched noise to let me know she needs some help. Sometimes it looks like she is doing yoga poses and is struggling to keep it going. A few times I had the camera nearby and took some pictures. Isn't she the funniest? 


Here she was trying to climb up on the couch but ended up leaning on her one hand and her knees with nowhere to go. She was quite distressed about this one. She didn't know how to get up, and didn't know how to get down!


Here she climbed up on a little step stool and was able to stand on her legs but was frozen after that. Her arms started shaking a bit as if to say, "Mom, if you don't get me out of this soon I am going to completely collapse on my face!". 


Here she got herself up from the floor to look out the window but didn't anticipate that her legs would slowly begin sliding farther and farther apart until she was doing the splits. She was quickly losing momentum when I rescued her. 


On the up side I think all this physical activity is helping her sleep better at night cause she is not getting up nearly as much as she used to!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...