6.30.2012

The Nursery

The new nursery is complete! Well pretty much....as complete as it's gonna get considering we're on a budget. Everything was done on fifteen minute chunks of time here and there when Maya was not taking up all my attention. Gotta fill some holes and iron the drapes, but this gives you an idea of the overall look! 


Since I am not a talented photographer those are the best pictures we're gonna get with the lighting that I had. I just sort of ran upstairs when Maya was sleeping and started snapping up a storm with my does-so-many-cools-things-but-I-just-don't-have-the-time-to-figure-out how-to use-it camera. 

The inspiration for this room began with pictures on pinterest. The two main things that got me started were the wall colour (Stonington Grey - Benjamin Moore) and a handful of fabrics from the fabric store that I snatched during a huge fifty percent off sale. I made the fabric stretch throughout the room for various projects to save some moolah. We went to Ikea and got the same furniture that a million other nursery's have and some toys to go with it.  

Actually, we bought the exact same dresser and book shelf that we bought for Maya's room only the smaller scaled down version.....




Then I threw in our old rocker / recliner chair that Chris had in his bachelor pad back in the day so that I have somewhere to rock the baby. Crib was a good deal on kijiji and most of the books were purchased with Chapters gift cards I've collected. The rest of the stuff were things we already had from when Maya was a new born. 

Another cheap addition were plastic bins for storage that I already had lying around the house. They added just another punch of colour to offset the grey walls. 


Here's the highlights of what you would find if you were to come visit the new babe!

A home made mobile as seen on pinterest.

Fabric put into frames for easy wall art, also pinterest inspired.

Nifty shelves from Ikea and crafty book holder made with double curtain rods for when baby is big enough to pick out his own books!

Book shelf from Ikea with legs attached since it sits right on top of an air vent. 

Your classic three drawer dresser from Ikea. 

My favourite project. Soft blocks. 

Personalized bunting. Yep, we picked our name already!

Fun boy toys. 

Snuggly blankets. 

Lots of little bins for storage. 

Soft teddy bear. 
More colourful storage.


I love this little clock, it is so quiet and perfect for telling what time it is when I am sleep deprived. 

Used a groupon to get this wall decal for fifty percent off. After ordering I learned that trees are all the rage in nurseries this year!

I feel good knowing that the nursery is pretty much ready to go. One less thing to do! We've got seven weeks to go people! Speaking of which, did I tell you that my BFF is also pregnant and due in October?  Yesterday she was admitted into the hospital on strict bed rest, the poor gal! More on that later!  


2 comments:

  1. I love what you have done to create this beautiful nursery. You are so talented!! Can't wait to hold that little babe!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no, poor Michelle! Our friend in Ottawa is having the same problem and has been on bed rest for over a month now. Boo.
    Nursery looks AMAZING! Can't wait to see Miss Maya in a couple of days!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...