8.27.2011

Fight The Good Fight

TODAY'S MOTIVATION

I'm not gonna lie, yesterday I was starting to lose a bit of my motivation, but I kept on truckin along anyway. You see that's the thing. No matter what happens, I will continue to fight the good fight. If it takes my whole life, I will never stop trying, no matter how many times I fail, because I am not gonna give up on myself. I would rather spend my whole life fighting than just give up. Even if I never get there, I will keep fighting.



So today, I will remind myself that I am in this till the end! No matter what happens, all I can do is keep trying. I will do this my whole life if I have to! What other choice do I have?


RANT OR RAVE

A few complaints:

I am getting frustrated with the fact that the rate of my weight loss has been slow, despite efforts to follow an accredited weight loss strategy. I know part of it is because I am nursing and I am supposed to keep up enough calories to maintain my milk supply, but still, it is frustrating. I also know that many people who attempt weight loss go through this, and I also know that losing a bit at a time is better than doing a fad diet. Nonetheless it is frustrating. Just sayin.

As mentioned above, I have been trying to eat enough to maintain my milk supply but my milk supply was going down anyway.  A few people suggested taking fenugreek, and I was hesitant because I heard that it was used in Indian food and I don't do spicy. Then I found out you can get it in pill form so I started taking it. It immediately helped with increasing my milk supply and the stress of feeding my child was gone. All was good until it gave me and my itty bitty an allergic reaction. How horrible did I feel!  So no more fenugreek for me. Now it's back to square one. Time to talk to my doc. Good thing Maya is starting solids.

I looked at a picture that someone took of me today and it reminded me of how crappy I still look and that was discouraging since I have changed on the inside but still look brutal on the outside. I'm not saying this in a feel sorry for me, low self esteem kind of way.  I am just stating a fact, an observation if you will.  I do feel better overall since changing my eating habits, but it is frustrating when you know you still have a ways to go.


NOTE TO SELF








4 comments:

  1. Hey,

    Again, I find myself agreeing with you! Chad keeps saying to me "slow and steady wins the race!" so I know how you feel! By the way, YOU DO NOT look brutal on the outside! You shouldn't be so hard on yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for relating and for the encouragement Carrie, yes, I am sometimes hard on myself. People are their own worst critics aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  3. BTW you are an inspiration to me when I am feeling discouraged :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no about the fenugreek! EEEEK!
    I hope your doctor has some good advice for you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...