11.05.2011

You're My Inspiration

TODAY'S MOTIVATION

Today is a shout out to one of my many sister-in-laws. She has been on her own journey to getting healthy, and she has been successful in meeting some of her own personal goals. I think about her a lot when I am feeling discouraged, because knowing that someone else out there is going through the same thing is comforting.  I'm sure she has had challenges along the way, I'm sure there were times when she wondered if she was doing the right things, but whatever obstacles she may have faced, she seems to be overcoming them no problem. But getting healthy is not all that she is about. It's not the only reason she is an inspiration. Long before then she's shown many qualities that still make up who she is today and what makes her an inspiration. For example, she is one of the many Mom's I know who has to carefully balance work and family life and she seems to do it well. Her kids are happy kids, she tries to give them everything she feels is good for them, yet she still has an identity outside the home. She works hard to create lasting memories for her children and her husband is lucky to have her. She works in a profession that is often under appreciated but it is a profession that helps others, nonetheless. She is a person who stands up for herself, she speaks her mind, and her cardinal rule is treat others how you would like to be treated. She is a person who strives to do better, to learn more, to challenge herself and others.  She is one of the people who inspired me to get on with a healthy lifestyle. I knew after I had Maya that I would have to get back to my old self, lose some weight, and create a good life for my daughter, but I was having a hard time staying motivated. She without knowing it, by her example, gave me the kickstart I needed. So thanks sister-in-law, you are my inspiration!

Other people who inspire me:

triplet ladymountain climberwise onenon-quittercheerleadernurturing soulmumsiesurvivorMIL, boss lady


RANT OR RAVE

The leaves have been turning and falling all around us lately. So beautiful. I feel lucky that I can look out the window every day and see so many colours. 






















RANDOMS

Hey everyone it's Miss Maya! My Mom is busy so I told her I would say a quick hello on here. What have I been up to? Well, how about I tell you about my day yesterday since my Mom took some pictures. 

The day started with some time on the floor. Here I was having an in depth conversation with Gunther about Cheerios. You see, I like to practice picking them up and putting them in my mouth and Gunther likes to sit under my feet and catch the ones that I drop on the floor. Anyway, we were just chatting away when my Mom decided to show up with the camera. 


She said she wanted to get some cute pictures of me just doing my normal daily stuff. 


I wanted to play with my toys so I said, "Ok, lets get to work!"


Then I realized that my Mom put all my toys in a circle around me to see if I could move around and grab them. 


Hmmmm, it wasn't working out so well. I hadn't learned how to get around a whole lot yet. 


Needless to say, I was a bit skeptical about this idea, so I looked to see what Mom would say. 


She just kept taking pictures of me, but Gunther nodded in encouragement. 


I decided to try getting on my hands and knees, but my body just wouldn't do it from my sitting position. 

 


I asked my Mom for help but she just kept smiling and taking pictures. 





So I thought a bit more about it. 





I looked at Gunther again but he just looked away and said, "Kid, I'm just a dog....I lost interest like ten minutes ago."


So Mom finally said "You can do it!". 


I knew I had to do something or I would be stuck sitting here all day.... 


So eventually I leaned back and rolled over on my stomach and before I knew it I was twisting around on the floor. 



I can't believe I did it! I got to my toys! I mean, I have stretched and leaned, and rolled to get toys before, but I've never dragged my body in different directions! 

I spent a lot of time figuring out these cups...






But then the phone started ringing and I just had to get it. 


I tried so hard, but in the end, I just missed. 


I was super mad about this. 




In the end I decided I had enough and asked Mom to take me upstairs for a nap. 


And that's pretty much a typical day in the life of Miss Maya.  Have a great weekend everyone!


2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, Stacey I love reading your blog and seeing all your pictures. I laughed so hard reading about Maya's day. She is so cute!!! You and your sister-in-law are both inspirations to a lot of people, myself included. I'm so proud of both of you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, that was so cute! Little Miss Maya, good work!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...