7.23.2012

Braids

This weekend was busy. A wedding, my sis was in town, stayed with the in-laws, and a family bar-b-que. On top of it Maya came down with a fever and was fighting something. Today she stayed home from daycare cause she was still warm and miserable but after her afternoon nap she was starting to feel much better. She even let me put tiny little braids in her hair.






So cute! They didn't stay in for very long but we had fun while it lasted. 

We're getting into the home stretch, I will be 37 weeks on Friday. Between sore back, heart burn, hot flashes, head aches and everything in between I am ready to have this baby. But really I'm not. I still have to get done a gazillion things on my crazy to do list that I have convinced myself I have to get done before baby comes and I am not officially done work until August 3rd. I want this baby to come soon, but I don't want to. I want to cherish this time we have left, just the three of us (four if you count Gunther) before the crazy starts. I'm so excited to meet little one but sad that it's changing. I'm so ready to complete our family but not looking forward to the sore nipples, sleepless nights, extra weight to lose. But I can't wait to see our family evolve again, for our house to be filled with even more joy.  I love my Maya boo so much and I know that my heart will grow even more when Nolan arrives.  I know one day I am going to look back at this time and think fondly of it. I hope I live in the moment as much as I can. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...