12.09.2011

The Doctors

TODAY'S MOTIVATION



Today I go see my doctor for test results regarding my gall bladder. Wish me luck! Well I guess I don't really need luck cause the results are already in, but you know what I mean!


RANT OR RAVE

I came across a blog that had this post. Very interesting indeed. Actually, when I read some of this blog a lot of what the person was saying hit home. I don't agree with everything she says, but some of it rings true for me and actually describes things I have been thinking but couldn't put into words. The only thing I have a hard time with, is the fact that she is very anti-diet, which for me, is difficult to accept because I just don't see any other way to get to a healthy weight other than to diet. It's what to do after I lose the weight that will be the real challenge because eventually there will have to be a time where I stop dieting and maintain without going back to my old habits. 

RANDOMS

Dear Gunther, 

This past year has been a real change for you. You knew something was going on when Mom's belly was growing bigger and we kept bringing more and more baby stuff into the house. Since Maya has come home from the hospital, you have been demoted from being our one and only to being, well, "just the dog".  We still love you so much but you see, we just cannot fuss over you like we used to. I see your face when I am on the floor laughing with Maya, and when I am giving her a zillion kisses in the morning. I don't mean to make you jealous but taking care of a baby is a full time job! Whenever people come over you demand attention by putting your head into their laps and by wedging yourself in between them and Maya.  It's as if you are saying, "What's the deal? You used to fuss over me and now you don't even look at me!". Don't worry sweet, lovely, handsome pup of mine, you still bring so much joy into my life. Your brown eyes still melt my heart. Just like I said when you were a puppy, you will always be my sunshine. Even though you are often jealous, you are always so gentle with Maya and she loves to play with you! 

I remember before Maya was born you would sing (howl) to her. One day, after Mom woke up with her bed head (and many lbs heavier), we got it on camera. 


And now that she is here you still sing to her!




You both are a good pair. Some day I think you may even be best friends. 





Sure, we have to put plastic stuff on the couch so you won't go on them. Sure, we have to bribe you with an excessive amount of treats so you will act half decent when guests arrive. Sure, we have to vacuum our carpet a zillion times a day to get rid of all the dog hair. But I wouldn't change you for the world, no I would not! I love you g-dog!








1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...