12.05.2011

Your Body Is Your Temple

TODAY'S MOTIVATION

Ok so I had my ultrasound for my suspected gall bladder issues. I went to a Christmas party last night where I ran into someone who went through the same thing. It made me feel a bit better because it made me more sure that is what it really is, although I have to wait to see my doctor for the results. Everything is kind of clicking together, all the symptoms I have been having and passing off as something else....it all makes sense now and if I know what it is I can do something about it. So far I have stuck religiously to not eating any sweets or foods rich in fat. I already notice an improvement in how I feel physically and mentally since getting back on track. I have had to turn down many things that other people don't even have to think twice about eating but it is worth it for me. I am still having some mild symptoms but nothing as bad as when I had the "attack". I am hoping to meet with my doc this week to get started on a plan to fix this. In the mean time, I continue to work towards eating healthy and taking care of myself. The person I talked to at the Christmas party told me that he had been dealing with gall bladder disease for ten years and was constantly in the ER until they finally removed his gall bladder. He kept telling me that he would indulge - especially around the holidays - and then would pay for it later. I kept thinking to myself, "Why would you keep doing this to yourself if you knew you could take some preventative measures?". Seriously, once was enough for me to stay on track. I know there are other factors that contribute to this health problem, but diet seems to be a big contributor in many cases I hear about. So why would you put yourself through that if you don't have to?



So my motivation today and always from now on, is remembering that my body really is my temple and I can no longer take it for granted like I have in the past. There are many other reasons for me to keep trying to lose weight and eat healthy, and trust me you will hear all about those, but today, that is what is still on my mind. 

RANT OR RAVE

Speaking of staying on track last night at the Christmas party they had three huge cheesecakes sitting on the dessert table and everyone was digging in. I'm talking caramel, and strawberry, and chocolate, and all on these pretty trays and everyone was cutting these big pieces.



Cheesecake is now my enemy as this is what I ate for dessert on my birthday the day before I ended up at the hospital.  But everyone was all like "this is soooooo good, you should try some, blah blah blah".  I didn't even second guess my decision to stick with the fruit tray but just wanted to complain on here for  a split second, because really, cheesecake is the best ever and it's a shame that I can no longer enjoy such small pleasures. Ok, on with my day.



RANDOMS

Well the tree is finally up for Maya's first Christmas. The holiday season just seems so much more magical when you have a little one. My parents came over and they helped with the decorating and to have some one on one time with that precious baby girl of mine.  She was especially lovin' all the attention from her grandpa who is really just a big kid himself.  When I wasn't looking he even snuck a candy cane for her to try.


My dog Gunther was getting way jealous of all the attention Maya has been getting and wouldn't leave Grandpa's side...what a suck! He kept putting his head on his lap as if to say, "Where's my candy cane?".


All the decorations are pretty much put up now so stay tuned for pics!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...