12.06.2011

Plus

TODAY'S MOTIVATION

Today I went to a plus size store to buy a Christmas gift. While I was there, I had flashbacks from when after Maya was first born - I had to go to a plus size store to buy clothes because I had gained so much weight right before and during my pregnancy with Maya.  My maternity clothes were too big but all my old clothes were too small. It was the worst feeling not being able to shop at some of my other usual places at the mall because I didn't fit into any sizes they had.  That was also the time I had to order a dress for my sister's wedding and when they took my measurements, they were at an all time high for me. I hated that I could not just go to any bridal shop and just buy off the rack, because I couldn't fit into anything. I'm still not what would be considered the norm in size, but at least now I don't have to go to those dreadful places. Don't get me wrong, there are some "plus size" people out there who can really pull off fashionable outfits and look wonderful, but for me I just couldn't find anything that looked decent on me. It was the worst feeling having to buy something you feel you have no choice to buy, even though you hate the way it looks on you.


I am grateful that I have worked hard enough to avoid plus size stores. I am not knocking those who embrace their curves, and enjoy shopping at said places - it's just not for me. So today, I am focusing on the great feeling of accomplishment when I finally hit an even smaller size on my next shopping trip. It's little things like this every day that you have to use as reminders of your goals. 




RANT OR RAVE



Ok, so I have been trying to find some sort of mantra that I can tell myself if I ever feel myself slacking at any point in time. The gall bladder issues that have come to surface makes it pretty easy for me to stick to a healthy meal plan, but there is more to my goals than just refraining from junk food, know what I mean? I want to work towards becoming stronger, feeling better, etc. So anyway, I have always been trying to focus on the fact that there is no day but today. But then in the past I have gotten into the habit of telling myself, I will start with that mentality tomorrow. And then that day would come and I would say, "Ok seriously tomorrow will be the day". But then someone on facebook shared a collection of motivational sayings and I came across one that says, "Yesterday you said tomorrow".  Bam! That's that's my new mantra. Do you like it?


RANDOMS

I have so many great memories of my Mom decorating our house for Christmas when I was younger. It seemed so magical with all the lights and sparkly things. Since it is Maya's first Christmas, I paid a little extra attention to our Christmas tree and decorations this year. There's all kinds of Christmas at our house now. Here are some of my favourite things I put out,  in no particular order. 

Of course, the tree was the the main focus of my attention. I ended up buying some new ornaments this year!


My home made stockings....


A snowman couple that my Grandma and Mom used to make in their craft shop when I was a kid....


This tree is actually really glittery in real life...


I just love it when you can see the lights from the outside of your house through the windows. Every time I walk buy it makes me feel like a kid again...


No house is complete without a little garland...


And some treats for the kiddies who come visit...


I always pick up a poinsettia...




Yes I'm one of those people who put out a Christmas village.....


These candles are my most favourite....


And this Noel sign too....


Presents are starting to pile up under the tree...



And some more garland in the kitchen just for good measure...


Can I just keep my Christmas decorations up all year?











This morning, Maya sat and watched me re-arrange some of the ornaments on the tree and when I plugged in the lights she just loved to sit and look at it. It was so much fun to watch. She is wearing a mis-matched PJ top and bottom (definitely the work of her father), but who cares she was having a blast!









This is getting to be so much fun! What are your favourite things to put up for Christmas?



1 comment:

  1. Decorations look great Stace! Looking forward to seeing the whole shebang in person!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...