12.07.2011

Still Thinking About Those Dresses

TODAY'S MOTIVATION

Well, I tried on the wedding dress that I wanted to fit into by my 30th birthday, and it doesn't quite fit. Same with the red one. I'm getting so close! I've lost 30 lbs since my pre-pregnancy weight so far. It's gonna fit soon. Today that's what I'm thinkin' about. 



RANT OR RAVE

Alright, I know this doesn't really have anything to do with health and what not, except the fact that it has to do with getting out of the house with the girls - but I thought I would do a review anyway. Last night I went to see the most recent Twilight movie. Yes I know. My friend is, dare I say, obsessed with this series and has seen every movie at least three times. Yes she's thirty years old. Put it this way, she took time off work to go see the last one. When the books came out she went on and on about how good they were, so she sent them my way and I read them. Not bad for a fantasy series. I am a person that analyzes everything and when I read such books I often find myself saying, "Like that would really ever happen!",  or, "Come on, it's not realistic to think that a vampire would be able to just be around a human without killing her!". But with these books, by the end, I allowed myself to just use my imagination and go with the story. 



When the first movie came out my friend said I had to see it. I rented it one night and was very disappionted. I thought it was terrible acting and just not put together well. I just wasn't into this whole twilight buzz.  To be honest, I thought it was hilarious watching adult women going ga ga over the same movies as a bunch of adolescent girls! After this movie came out me and my other friend decided to indulge our twilight friend and see "Breaking Dawn". I'd have to say, it wasn't a terrible movie. I thought they put the love story together well, and the portrayal of how Bella must have been feeling in this movie was good. But the warewolves. I mean, come on! The whole this-is-my territory-you-played-me-i'm-on-their-side-whatever stuff was just hilarious!  Most of the scenes were so beepin cheesy!  Just one girls' opinion! And I just wanted to slap that geeky smile off of Edward's face in most of the scenes! But other than that it was ok, I still give it a thumbs up because the author did a good job of putting together the story and the movie pretty much stuck to the book. 

RANDOMS

Yesterday was a busy day shopping at the mall. You see, every year my siblings and I try to figure out what to do for presents. Draw names? Play a game with prizes? Secret Santa? Do home made gifts?  We always try to do something different to spice it up, but this year we decided to try something else. Now that we have little ones of our own, the meaning of Christmas has changed on the Gifts front. It just doesn't seem important to get presents anymore - it's more about the kids, you know? So this year, the solution was obvious - we decided to sponsor some children in our community and buy them gifts with the money we would normally spend on ourselves. This is not a new concept - where we live there are tons of families who worry about how they are going to provide Christmas to their kids and there are tons of families who are happy to help them out.  We do not expect a metal or a pat on the back for doing this deed - it's really not a big deal - we just want to help some other kid get his / her wish on Christmas. So we went on our shopping spree for two kids and got most of what they had on their wish list. We only have a few more things to find. I took a picture of what we have so far so that my sister who lives in Nova Scotia can see what we got with the funds. 


When I was growing up, my Mom's extended family always did things like this at Christmas. As grown ups they still do. This year they are getting everyone to donate old winter jackets to a coat drive. Last year everyone brought gift certificates to give to a local women's shelter. But still, it was nice for my siblings and I to head this one up ourselves this year, and actually be the ones spending the money and doing the shopping. It was quite fun, despite some of us getting separated at the mall and not being able to find each other (and not to mention trying to shop with a baby and toddler!).  I'm looking forward to dropping off the stuff to our local organization. The place I work often has direct contact with many of the families who receive these gifts, so I can tell you first hand that many of them really do appreciate it. I remember one Mom who was crying when she told me that she couldn't sleep because she didn't know how she was going to explain to her daughter that Santa couldn't come that year. Sure, there are some people who think they are entitled to hand outs, but believe me, the majority I've talked to are very grateful.  So hey, if you are looking for something to do for others this year, sponsor a child!

Ok totally off topic but omigod my precious baby girl is just changing so much these days. Ok the other day she did the cutest thing - she learned how to wave "hello".  She even said "Hi!". It was awesome. And apparently, according to my mother when she was baby sitting, Maya waved at my Aunt and said "bye bye" in the clearest voice. I wish I was there to see it as it would have been her first word she actually understood. She is eating all kinds of foods now, completely rejecting purees and just going for regular finger foods and eating them so fast. She is moving around all over the place (still not crawling but pulling herself up, standing, and wiggling around everywhere!). She laughs at everything I say and do. She is so much fun to be around! And so much more work! Ok I am done my "oh-my-goodness-my child-is-the-cutest-and-smartest-kid-ever" speech.  Watching a child grow is simply amazing. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...