12.15.2011

Raid My Sister's Closet

TODAY'S MOTIVATION

The other day I borrowed a sweater from someone and it was too big for me. It's been a while since I have been able to borrow something like a sweater because most of my family and friends are thin and I never fit into their size. My sister and I used to go back and forth and give each other clothes, depending on who weighed more at the time. But my sister has been a lot skinnier than me for the last few years and the clothes swapping has stopped. I am hoping one day I can raid my sister's closet and fit into her clothes again - and then tease her that I look better in them like I did in high school :)



Also, during a follow up appointment with my doctor this morning she weighed me which she hasn't done in a while. I asked her what my weight was at my first pre-natal appointment with Maya and compared it to my weight today. It was nice to have an actual reliable comparison because up until this point I had to use my best guess - but it was right on - I am down 32 lbs from my pre-pregnancy weight.  It was good to know my guess was right. On top of it I gained 35 lbs with my pregnancy and that is all gone too.  I hope to lose more before I go back to work (and with having to do a low fat diet for my gall bladder I think it is inevitable).  It's been a slow process, but slow and steady wins the race right? So these are the things which motivate me today. 


RANT OR RAVE

I have been getting a tad bit cranky today because the meal plan I was following I am no longer doing. Before I was focusing mostly on high fibre, low fat foods (with very limited starches) but now I have to basically do no fat foods at all (except naturally occurring fats in fruits, veggies, meats). That means the salad dressings I eat have to be different, there's no room for modest amounts of margarine or cheese, and I can't cook with olive oil like I used to (at least that's what my doctor says).  It's hard when you get used to a way of doing things and then you have to switch it up, know what I mean? I avoided going to a Christmas party my friend's Mom had the other day just because I knew I would be offered so many things that I could not say yes to. Most of the time I have no problem saying "No", but sometimes it gets to me and that particular night I already had to eat out for a friend's birthday (luckily the restaurant had a few fat free options) and I had my fill of soiree's that evening. 


RANDOMS

Once a year around the holiday season we take our dog Gunther to get pampered at the groomers. This morning he came back soft and smelling fresh! They even put a Christmas bandana on him. Normally I would think that is a bit cheesy, but isn't he the handsomest dog ever?










No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...