11.16.2011

Back In Action

TODAY'S MOTIVATION

So I go to Nova Scotia with Maya for a week to visit my sister and her husband. While I was there I decided I was going to take a break from blogging and from keeping track of everything I eat. I just wanted a break from the everyday, know what I mean? So my plan was to still try to make healthy meal choices but also indulge a little if need be. So I did a little bit of both. For the most part I ate normal (thanks to my sister stocking the fridge with healthy snacks and what not) but there were some times we ate things like pizza, and chocolate cake. We ate out at a restaurant twice to celebrate birthdays as well. I didn't get much exercise in. I did a short work out at the athletic centre by my sister's house one day, and got a few walks in, but that was about it. When I came home I fully expected to have gained a pound or two. I felt flabby and bloated. But when I stepped on the scale it said I had lost three pounds. Huh? On the weeks I follow my meal plan and exercise regularly I don't lose anything and then I just throw caution to the wind for a week and lose three pounds? Goes to show it is about more than just the number on the scale. It is about how you feel, how you look in your clothes, getting stronger, etc.  When I got back last night I started to get a sore throat, and this morning it burns. I definitely have something. Maya has decided lately that she wants to start her day at five thirty in the morning. Wonderful. Gonna be a long day. 

Still though, today is the day I get back into it, so to speak. I may not get to kickboxing that much cause my hubby is having eye surgery and will be recuperating for a few days and I'm really under the weather this morning. But there is no reason why I can't get back to the daily grind of being vigilant about what I eat. I am not worrying so much about results today, just wanting to keep being healthy overall. 

RANT OR RAVE

How are you supposed to get rest and recover from illness when you have an eight month old who doesn't let you sleep? Just sayin'.....


RANDOMS

I want to do some posts about Maya's first plane ride and our trip to Nova Scotia but believe it or not, writing a post takes time. So for the sake of attending to my ever demanding child this morning I will just leave you with this for now. 









More to follow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...