11.06.2011

A Night Out

TODAY'S MOTIVATION

Last night I thought I was going to my friend's house for girls night with my best friends. I have talked about all three of them in other posts here, here, and here.  Turns out two of them had a little secret. They convinced me to go out for dinner only to find out when we got to the restaurant that my husband and all the other husbands were joining us for an early birthday dinner for me and one of the other girls who has a birthday close to mine. Surprise! I had told my husband that for my 30th birthday this year I wanted to get together for dinner with all three of my best friends and their husbands. I made him book a sitter and make plans with everyone.  I thought we had plans set for the weekend after my birthday but he surprised me by putting it together a few weeks earlier (which worked out better because everyone's schedules are so busy this time of year). 


So we had a great dinner, great company, and a nice night out away from my precious sweet baby girl. Afterwards we went to a local comedy club and had some laughs. Overall it was a nice evening.  When life gets crazy hectic it's nice to know that I can still spend time with those closest to me. Not everyone can say that they have lasting friendships like the ones I have and I am grateful for that. Being surrounded by so many great people in my life helps me keep things into perspective. It reminds me that no matter what I do or what I look like, I am still loved. That's what keeps me going today. 


RANT OR RAVE

Time change. I like it and I don't like it. I like getting the extra hour. I don't like it getting darker out earlier in the day this time of year. It's depressing thinking of all the darkness of the winter. But at least with me being home this year with Maya, I will be able to see more sunlight during the day than I would if I was stuck in an office at work. 



Speaking of time change, Maya and I are going to visit my sister out of province in a few days. They are one hour ahead of us. With the time change last night, and then another time change on our trip there and back, it may be a bit rocky in the sleep department for Maya (who are we kidding she doesn't know the difference the only one suffering will be me). Hopefully we get through it with minimal glitches. 

RANDOMS

Ah, another Sunday. It's quiet in the house right now. Everyone is napping except me. I got the fire place on and I am just trying to relax before Maya wakes up. My hubby got up with Maya this morning so I could sleep in a bit. That's been the usual arrangement on Sundays this past month because he has had every weekend off. But now his schedule will be changing again and lazy Sunday's may be gone for a while. So sad. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...