11.27.2011

Goals

TODAY'S MOTIVATION

In all honesty I have not been able to keep my motivation like I used to. I always start the day ready to take it on and then by the end of the day I have lost focus. There are many goals that I have set for myself, mostly open ended ones, but I think that some of them were too far away to really keep me motivated for more than a short amount of time. For example, when I say that I want to be able to look decent in a bathing suit for my trip to Florida in January - well that's still a month and a half away and too far in the future to really keep me that motivated. I think I would do better if I focused on things that are more immediate and concrete, like, say, something that can be achieved by the end of the day or the end of the week. I dunno, but it's worth a try. 

To recap, here are a few of the things that I have said I wanted to work towards:

-fitting into my wedding dress (not close to fitting yet)

I have also mentioned many health and lifestyle related reasons for wanting to get in shape, and of course those are important too. I think just focusing on changing my appearance is not enough to keep going, and so I want to talk a bit more about my "inner self" in the next few days to keep focused on what's truly important. 

But to break things down into more small and manageable goals, today I am just going to focus on getting through the whole day with eating sensible portions of wholesome food. If I can do that, then tomorrow I will build on this and focus on something else until I work up to a goal within a weeks time. Wish me luck!

What things have helped you stay focused on a goal?


RANT OR RAVE

Seriously, I need to cut off the Netflicks. 90210 is making me real lazy in the evenings. I'm getting nothing done around this house!

Here is another quote I came across the other day that I really liked and makes me want to turn the TV off instead of whine about how it's affecting me! 

"We should be taught not to wait for inspiration to start a thing. Action always generates inspiration. Inspiration seldom generates action." ~ Frank Tibolt

In fact, I will try to remember that when focusing on my short term goals as mentioned above!


RANDOMS

Would you judge me if I put up my Christmas tree early today? I'm not one of those people who go all crazy over Christmas, really, I'm not! (denial).  Back in the day people didn't start decorating for Christmas until closer to the actual day, but that was when people actually celebrated Christmas on the actual day. Now with so many Christmas parties, blended families, shopping sales, a lot of people end up celebrating as early as November (my work Christmas party is always last weekend of November).  And with me being home with Maya all day, it's hard not to break out the wreaths and ornaments! Besides, we are hosting Christmas with my in-laws this year early, so it's only natural that I would want to get the decorations out! Really, that is the reason!


Happy Sunday everyone!













No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...