11.23.2011

I'm Doing The Best I Can

TODAYS MOTIVATION

Ok. So today kind of got away from me. Busy, busy, busy. You know how it is. Needless to say, I have not had time to sit down and write about a reason to stay motivated today until this evening. It's now a quarter to eleven and I am just sitting down with my feet up.  

Here's the update:

Well, I finally made it back to kickboxing yesterday. I plan to go again tomorrow morning. People always talk about how much of an impact sleep, food, and exercise has on your moods.  I have really been noticing how this is true in my life lately.  I got lots of sleep Monday night and so yesterday (Tuesday) was a totally different day. I was able to stick to my meal plan no problem, even when I went to the movies and the coffee shop with my bestie that night. If it had been a different day where I was sleep deprived or sick or whatever other stress going on, I would have been much more tempted to cave and eat something unhealthy. Also since I made it to kickboxing I am not feeling nearly as blobby as I was before. And you know how it is, once you get back into it, there is much more energy to be had during the day. I was also able to sleep in until eight o'clock this morning which was nice after being up with Maya three times last night. The only downfall today was that I was so busy I didn't make it to the grocery store and so my dinner was not exactly a hundred percent part of my meal plan. For example I had pasta for dinner even though I had already had toast that morning (one of the rules of my meal plan is I'm only allowed one serving of whole grain pasta or bread a day).  But it could have been a lot worse. At least I got all my fruit and veggies in today. 



So today I have just been going on sheer energy from the boost of sleep and exercise I have gotten in the past two days, hence the busy-ness.  I'm hoping the high energy continues for the rest of the week. I've also realized that I've got to stop being so hard on myself sometimes cause I am doin' the best I can with what I have, really I am. 


RANT OR RAVE

Ok this is kind of a rant and rave all in one. You may remember me talking about turning off the TV in my household this summer.  Well I wasn't really missing it a whole lot, the only time I really turned it one was when the new season of Grey's Anatomy started.  


But then my husband asked for Apple TV for his birthday this year and since it is difficult to find gift ideas for him I went ahead and hooked him up with his wish. Aaaannnd, then he immediately signed up for Netflicks. Yeah. It is pretty cool.  Since we've had it I have been catching up on old shows like 90210 and newer ones like Weeds. It's getting to the point where I am watching TV almost every day. Not a big deal except the fact that it makes me lazy and it makes me stay up later when Maya goes to bed. This is also a bad combination with the fact that it's getting colder outside and we won't be going for walks much, and we are going to be a lot more housebound - which results in even more television viewing. Uh-oh - better get a treadmill to put in front of the TV!


RANDOMS

Can I just say that I love buying random cute baby stuff for Maya once in a while?  A friend of ours owns the cutest little baby store called Rattle and Stroll. When you go in there you want to just say, "I'll take one of everything!".  They only have a few locations not very close to where we live which is probably a good thing or I would be in there all the time.  But they have a website where you can order all kinds of goodies - check it out. Anyhoo, when we were in their area a few weeks ago I picked up a few things.



Here's a closer look at the way-too-cute hair clips:








And aren't these bags the most adorable things you have ever put a lunch in?


I couldn't resist buying the owl one!


This growth chart is one you can stick right on the wall and peel it off if you don't want it anymore. I have always wanted a growth chart for Maya's nursery but could never get my hands on one until now. 


I cannot wait to look back on how much she is growing. 


And while we're on the subject of cute things for babies to wear on their heads - remember me talking about how much I love babies wearing hoodies? Well the same goes for winter hats, or any hat for that matter.  This one I picked up at the grocery store a while back. 



If cuteness could kill, I would have been dead the minute I laid eyes on my precious baby girl....but seriously, having a daughter to play dress up with is the greatest...and I'm soaking it all up before she decides to have a mind of her own!






1 comment:

  1. Maya is the cutest!! I love the pics of her.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...