11.21.2011

Back Into It

TODAY'S MOTIVATION

Well I am getting back to kickboxing today. I didn't get to go when I was in Nova Scotia and then when I was back I was sick and my husband had laser eye surgery so we mostly just stayed home. I am glad to get back into it because I feel like such a blob. Going always gets me motivated again so I'm hoping today will be a good class!


RANT OR RAVE

Right now I am watching my baby girl sitting on the floor doing nothing. She was playing with her toys and then all of a sudden just stopped and started looking around and thinking intensely about something. Then I sat there staring at her wondering what she could be thinking about. "A penny for your thoughts?" I said in my head. Then I realized that sitting with her and watching her is one of the most relaxing things. Then she started staring back at me and we just had a staring contest. We didn't talk to each other we were just watching each other. My camera was sitting next to me so I took a picture cause she is just so gosh darn cute.  



This morning I have been feeling a bit stressed for not any particular reason other than usual life stuff and that was all forgotten when Maya and I were just "being",  just hangin' out,  just sitting together in the quiet.  So I guess my point is, when you are stressed, don't underestimate the power of an eight month old's ability to take it all away just by a look. 

RANDOMS

I started working on my christmas stockings .  Let me tell you, this is taking ALOT longer than I thought it would. I really thought this would be a simple project - cut out a few pieces of fabric and sew them together - and then done. Yeah..... notsomuch. 




You see, I decided I wanted to make them kind of fancy by embroidering our names on them, but the tutorial I was following didn't account for these extra steps and it kind of messed up things a bit.


First of all, it took forever to try to figure out exactly how to space the names on the cuffs of the stockings.  Then, it took even longer to actually do the embroidering that I learned to do from this video.   I seriously thought it would take like five minutes for each word but it was more like five minutes for each letter until I got the hang of it. 


Then I decided I wanted to do some kind of embellishments so I picked up some buttons at the store and tried to add them. 



But the big problem was when I was done, the buttons just didn't end up in the right places and the loop on the top of the stocking was facing the wrong direction. So I ended up with these two as my finished product.



I didn't like it so I took the buttons off and I did some rearranging and ended up with this. 


Ok it looks a bit better but now the names are way on the top of the cuff instead of in the centre of the cuff where I originally wanted them.  So I gave up and walked away from the sewing machine because I knew it was only going to get worse the more frustrated I got. 

I'm gonna go back at it hopefully today or tomorrow and eventually I will have beautiful stockings to hang by the fire place, so wait for an update and a picture when they are all done!

Meanwhile, my dining room still looks like this....


And can I just tell you that the only way to get things done around here anymore is to do five to ten minute chunks of things at a time. The days of taking on a project and getting it done in one day are over. Maya keeps us on our toes and I have had to do a lot of this in between feeding, changing, playing,   cleaning, etc.  Sometimes I wait until she is in bed and then go to town on a project but then usually by that time of day I am tired and not at my peak performance. No wonder it is taking so long to get these things right!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...