9.09.2011

The End Of An Era

TODAY'S MOTIVATION

Today I got thinking. I'm going to be turning 30 in a few months time. My twenties will be behind me. What a better time in my life to accomplish the one thing left that I've had on my list for quite a while - getting to a healthy weight and staying there. So much has happened in the past ten years, and I am not anxious about milestone birthdays like some people because I really feel like I've built a good life for myself so far. Sure there are some things that I still want to do like further my education and travel to more places, but for the most part I've done everything I've set out to do before I turned 30, except for the above mentioned. I am glad that I am finally putting it into action. 


Today I will think about this so that I can continue to stick with it. I hope my thirties will be even better than my twenties. My twenties were all about gaining independence and finding out who I was. My thirties will be about being greatful for what I have and living life to the fullest!

RANT OR RAVE

I ended up not making chicken shawarma last night because I didn't have time to make the marinade until the last minute and I wanted the chicken to soak in it for more than just twenty minutes. So that is in the fridge for tonight. Instead, we went with chicken pad thai. A nice alternative to the traditional stirfry. I usually just use the store bought sauce, and I like to use carrots, broccoli, mushrooms, green onions and peanuts.  I also don't add anything to the chicken and veggies other than the sauce to avoid hidden calories as the sauce is enough for me! That's the fun about dishes like this, you can make it your own, really. If your diet does not allow for the noodles, you can just make more meat and veggies and eat it without the noodles and it is still tasty!  

Here is a recipe that got good reviews. 





NOTE TO SELF




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...