9.23.2011

Fitting In

TODAY'S MOTIVATION

I was at the mall two days ago killing time with Maya. I didn't go to any clothing stores, just the book store and card store. But while I was there I was thinking about the fact that I do have to buy some new clothes that fit a bit better. Before, I would go a long time between shopping trips because I hated trying on clothes which was not a good thing. I think that it is important to try on new clothes regularly just to keep in check. So I am thinking about shopping today. When I go I want to be able to fit into some smaller sizes!


On another note thanks to those who have given me some pointers on staving off the hunger pangs. It has reminded me to take another look at what I am eating during the day. Turns out there are a few small guidelines in my meal plan that I was forgetting to incorporate. Sometimes when I get comfortable with something I start cutting corners and forget to get all my servings in, etc. Hopefully modifying this well help!


RANT OR RAVE

Last week I talked about turning on the TV for the season premiere of Grey's Anatomy.  About an hour before it was on I remembered that it was Thursday and that I needed to get to a TV. It was nice to just sit on my own and veg out for a bit after Maya went to bed. For the past few seasons I have been getting a bit less interested in the show because, well, it seems that all these unrealistic things keep happening. Like for example a live bomb in the operating room, a shooting spree, natural disasters, boat crashes, plane crashes, doing practice surgeries on interns, and so on. Every character has had some kind of emergency life saving surgery (mostly brain surgery by Dr. Shepperd), most of the characters have almost died, most of their babies / husbands /wives/ parents have almost died, every character has at some point dropped to floor unexpectedly with some sort of medical trauma (and many of the patients for that matter), most of them have done some sort of unspoken action against the ethics of medicine, and all of them have hooked up with each other at some point and most of them have married or hooked up with one of their patients. And lets not forget that every patient bursts into some crazy monologue where they tell the doctors their whole life story in under thirty seconds. Yeah, like that would really happen in a real ER. Every time I am watching the show I am saying "what the hell?", "seriously?", "that is so unrealistic", and so on. Yet I still keep watching it. I don't know what I expect - it is a soap opera after all! But some of the story lines keep me coming for more.

Source
Last night I watched the first hour only to realize after that it was a two hour season premiere. I was busy talking to my BFF so I only caught parts of the second half. Apparently Meredith stole a baby and then brought it back. That's all I remember. Now I am going to have to watch it online to fill in the blanks. Next thursday I will be tuning in again! Everyone has to have some sort of guilty pleasure.  In the mean time, the TV goes back off for another week.


NOTE TO SELF






1 comment:

  1. Haha, this made me laugh.. now I feel like I have to go watch Grey's :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...