9.10.2011

Getting Stronger

TODAY'S MOTIVATION

When I work out I am able to life more weight, do more push ups, hold planks longer, do more sit ups. When I first started back to class after my itty bitty came to be, I couldn't do nearly as much.  It was like I was back at square one. Slowly but surely I am getting stronger and faster. That is my motivation today. 




RANT OR RAVE

So hubby and I tried that chicken shawarma recipe. It is supposed to be kind of a healthier version of what you would get if you were to eat out. I must say, it wasn't anything special. I have never had chicken shawarma before so I had no frame of reference of what it was supposed to taste like. He said that it was nothing like what he gets when he gets it at his favourite place at work.  I'm not sure why, but I am guessing because of the way they prepare the meat and the cuts of meat they use. The good news is, I did happen to have a tasty lunch which I can add to my list of favourite meals. Lettuce wraps. Here's what I put in mine:

diced chicken breast
red peppers
mushrooms
onions
humus

I spread humus in the romaine lettuce hearts. Then I grill the vegetables and heat up the chicken and put everything in the lettuce. 

They look something similar to this:



So tasty! 



NOTE TO SELF


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...