9.24.2011

You're My Inspiration

TODAY'S MOTIVATION

Another post about women in my life who inspire me. Today is a shout out to my Mom. She is an inspiration to me because she stands by her convictions. She believes that everyone is equal and should be treated with respect. She stands up for the underdog. She does not waver from her own personal ethics. She calls a spade a spade. She says it how it is. She is tactful and straightforward with others. You always know where you stand with her. When I was growing up, she did a great job of practicing what she preached. She was not one of those parents who said do as I say, not as I do. If there was  a value she strongly believed in, she set the example by following it herself.  Sure she probably thinks she made some mistakes along the way - what parent hasn't - but overall she stood her ground when it came to how others should be treated. She is the reason that I feel I am open minded person, because even though she believed in certain things, she urged her kids to make up their own minds. Not only that but her family is important to her. When her kids come home to visit her eyes light up and her voice softens in that motherly way.  Her work life and home life has always been about advocating for others and that is to be admired. She has passed on many values and traditions that her parents have taught her and I will do the same for Maya. So thanks Mom for setting a good example and teaching me about how to treat others. You are an intelligent and headstrong woman who is an inspiration!

Others who inspire me:



RANT OR RAVE

This trip was in Mexico a few years back and the grounds were so beautiful. It makes me want to go back (sigh).  So here are some more beautiful things for your viewing pleasure. 





















Other beautiful things:



NOTE TO SELF


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...