9.22.2011

Feeling Connected

TODAY'S MOTIVATION

Tonight I ran into a familiar face at kickboxing that I haven't seen in a while. I work with this person and I used to see them every day.  This person was a big part of my day to day routine and with being off I've only talked to her a hand full of times.  It was nice to touch base. Running into people makes me excited to keep going to kickboxing. I have to admit, now that the craziness of summer is behind us, it has been kinda boring at home with Maya. We are home all day every day now with not a lot to do. We are definitely going to have to sign up for something.  I have been counting down the minutes until my hubby is home from work just so that I can have adult conversation. Running into people makes me more motivated to get out of the house and keep staying active.



One of my old room mates from university is also coming to visit this weekend. I have not seen her since her wedding almost two years ago.  It is going to be so nice to catch up. Things like this keep me going. It gets me through the monotony of keeping house and in turn, keeps me motivated to reach my goals because we all need to feel connected in order to be able to keep going. Otherwise, what's the point in life? So today, feeling connected is something I will continue to strive for and continue to use to keep me happy and focused. 


RANT OR RAVE

You know what I hate? When I get home from exercising, have a snack and then try to go to bed only to have my stomach still growling. This phenomenon started when I was pregnant with Maya. My hunger pangs would literally wake me up at night and would hurt so bad. Then when I started breastfeeding the same thing happened a lot in the morning before lunch. It eventually went away, but only to return these past few weeks! Now it seems to happen at the end of the day after I excersise. I know this is a sign that I am burning off calories but I have this crazy rule in my head that I don't want to eat right before bed and it is hard to find something that will stick with me that is also not too heavy. Sometimes I just have a glass of milk and that helps me fall asleep but then I wake up hungry still.


I know it sounds winey but really I have been following the same meal plan for almost two months you would think that my body would be used to it by now. Maya is on solids and slowly nursing less so I don't think it's the breastfeeding. I am sick of feeling hungry all the time. It's almost as bad as being sleep deprived. Seriously though any suggestions of how to get rid of this? I know it must be something I am doing wrong because if I am eating good I should be feeling full. Ok. End of Rant.


NOTE TO SELF




1 comment:

  1. Hi Stace,

    There is nothing worse than feeling hungry all the time... that can sabotage the best of plans. Try to incorporate more/some lean protein in your meals and snacks and it should keep you fuller longer. I know it works for me- hopefully for you too.
    Keep up the great work. I can't wait to see you in person sometime soon!
    Take care! Give Maya a hug for us!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...