8.24.2011

Squeeze Me In!

TODAY'S MOTIVATION

So yesterday I was at the grocery store and some guy parked his car too close to mine and I had to squeeze into my car without hitting his car with my door. You know the manoeuvre - turn sideways, open the door slowly, throw your purse in, then squeeze on through. I was able to pull off this move with little difficulty, but I remember how hard this was to achieve when I was pregnant (amongst other things). Then it got me thinking of how nice it is to be able to fit into spaces again now that I don't have my big baby belly. 



The thing is though, there are still times when I do have to say "excuse me" to fit behind someone's chair at the dinner table, or to get through a line at the store, etc. I look forward to the day when I have a tiny caboose that can fit through tiny spots and I look forward to the day when my waist is so small I don't feel I am getting in people's way. Your whole spatial perception changes when your body changes. I look forward to that so this will keep me going today!

RANT OR RAVE



I came across this the other day and thought this was pretty cool. Since breastfeeding is health related I would like to give two thumbs up to this. 


Apparently these have been circulating online on various blogs and what not. I think they are great! I personally have no issues breast feeding in front of others, but I will say at first there were times when I was a little shy about it. Although I am completely comfortable in feeding my baby anywhere, I often worry about whether I am making others feel uncomfortable. Another thing. Although I love my nursing cover, it's pretty nifty with pockets and everything, I sometimes almost resent having to wear it. It's weird because I only use one around certain people and then others I could care less. It's not like I just whip out my boob for all to see. I'm discreet, and by the time baby is latched on it's not like they can see anything anyway. I find I am much more likely to use a cover around men. But really, I think that people who are uncomfortable with breastfeeding (cover or no cover) should just get over it, it's no different than a baby drinking a bottle - it just comes from a different source. Anyhow, that' s just my two cents. I also find that when you are around a group of Moms at a social gathering they often watch each other to see how the other is going to handle breastfeeding. It only takes one person to feed in public for the rest to follow suit. So I like these, they're cool. I may even hand some out. 

NOTE TO SELF



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...