8.05.2011

Skinny Jeans

TODAY'S MOTIVATION

Skinny jeans. Short skirts. Tank tops. Oh how I miss wearing such articles of clothing.  It's been so long. These things will keep me on track today. And hey, if I need an extra kick in the pants, I can always go to the mall and try on some clothes. That will keep me going for sure!




RANT OR RAVE

What is it with people being afraid to tell you that you are overweight? Ok this may sound extreme, I know lots of people would think it is rude if someone called them fat, but I don't mean in the way of making fun of someone or insulting them. I mean in the context of your doctor telling you that you are overweight or a friend acknowledging that you don't fit into their sweater. Of all the doctors visits I had with my family physician and OB, they never once commented on my weight, even though I know that I  am not a healthy weight. Do they just not bother because they think it won't make a difference?  Do they not want to confront their patients? I would think that they would want to talk to their patients about such things in order to take on a preventative approach wouldn't they? I had a perfectly normal pregnancy, no complications at all, but wouldn't my OB have wanted to let me know the risks of being overweight while pregnant?  This was me when I was approximately 36 weeks pregnant with Maya.



I think it's great that people have treated me with dignity and respect, but isn't this kind of like an elephant in the room? Sometimes I feel like they are just making it easier on people by not saying anything. Then again, I guess making someone feel bad about themselves wouldn't be helpful either. Maybe at least acknowledging the issue and giving some encouragement would help?  I guess I just feel that avoiding the subject completely is not the way to go. Just my thought. 


NOTE TO SELF


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...