8.19.2011

Out With The Old, In With The New!

Out with old, in with the new I say! Since I am trying to establish new eating habits, I think this philosophy should also extend to other areas of my life! This will be my motivation today, to move on forward and quit holding onto things that are no longer working for me.

We have decided to finally have a yard sale to get rid of all of our junk that has accumulated in our house over the last few years. Let this yard sale be the launching of a new era in the life of me! I am metaphorically and literally cleansing myself of unnecessary things, and in turn, I will have more room for a new way of living a more simplistic life! In baby steps of course!

Here is a glimpse of just some of the stuff we are starting to gather for the yard sale! We just keep shoving it in one of the spare bedrooms and it is accumulating fast!







I have definitely been guilty of being an over consumer in the past - needing the newest fabric for the windows, buying yet another set dishes to match the new place mats, having to have the most perfectly decorated nursery, etc.  My husband and I have really had a chance to think about our lives since little Maya has come and it has helped us put things into perspective. Do we really need to have a brand new flat screen TV on the main floor AND in the basement? Do I really need a newly renovated laundry room with cute little cubbies for all of our stuff? We used to need THINGS, but now we realize that these things just cause more chaos in our lives. Yes, our family and friends have always been our priority, but we also used to spend a lot of our time buying and fixing and maintaining and cleaning and redecorating....and then buying some more.  We realized that we could never enjoy a day off because we were always running errands and taking care of our THINGS.  Now don't get me wrong, we still take pride in our home and want to create a nice place for Maya to live, but is not the "end all, be all".  Since my income has gone down with me being on parental leave, we have had to make some cut backs and by gosh, it has actually simplified our lives. I know we will always struggle with needs versus wants (we all do right?), but I strongly feel that in order to eat healthy you have to have a good balance in all areas of your life. I must aim for self improvement and re-evaluate my values and this shall be my motivation for today, my friends!

RANT OR RAVE

I tried on a pair of capri's that were pre-Maya and they fit again! I mean they fit after she was born but were uncomfortably tight. Now they just fit normal. Slow progress is happening....


NOTE TO SELF







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...