8.20.2011

Out With The Old, In With The New Continued...

TODAY'S MOTIVATION

Since simplifying and finding balance continues to be my motivation again today, here is the update on the yard sale situation. 

This is all our junk as of 8am this morning (minus a table of kid stuff my triplet friend added to the pile):



This is what's left of our junk as of 2pm this afternoon with $200.00 in our pocket:



It doesn't even look like we put a dent in the pile, but really we did sell quite a few things. I was very overwhelmed with the sheer amount of stuff that we had accumulated. Seven tables full of stuff to be exact! I kept saying, I can't believe that two people could have so much stuff.  It really speaks to our western culture doesn't it? So, looks like we will be putting yard sale signs up again tomorrow for another round. This stuff is not coming back in this house!

This is me and Maya taking a break from all the haggling:


Boy it feels good to get rid of stuff!

RANT OR RAVE

I love, love, LOVE blueberries (amongst many other fruits). This time of year is great for having so much fresh produce. I'm gonna be sad when winter's here again. Anyhow, like I was saying, I love blueberries so much I thought I would do a shout out to them. I got a superb deal on the biggest, most juiciest ,blueberries ever the other day and I am eating them right now a we speak! Go blueberries!



NOTE TO SELF





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...