8.10.2011

Bathing Suit Season, Eeeeek!

TODAY'S MOTIVATION

It's bathing suit season. Here's a picture of me trying to cover up as much as possible. 

Enough said.





RANT OR RAVE

Working out today is going to be a bloody gong show. I just don't have the energy and here's why:

1) My little one has decided not to let me sleep at all last night (and for most of this week as a matter of fact).

2) I'm feeling deflated by the fact that my milk production has gone way down. The diet that I am currently following has made suggestions for nursing mothers to follow to make sure that doesn't happen. It also cautions that nursing mothers should not lose more than 1lb a week. The thing is, I am trying to follow these guidelines by eating more vegetables, milk, and so forth but it is hard! So in the mean time, I have been supplementing a bit with formula, which I hate doing. I am feeling so conflicted between trying to lose weight and being able to nurture my child. Momma guilt sucks. And I'm sure some of this is connected to the lack of sleep in my house this week. 

3) My dog just came tapping on the back door soaking wet in skunk spray!  

Uggggggh!

I just want to go to bed!



NOTE TO SELF



2 comments:

  1. Girlfriend, I love your blog :)
    I'm so sorry you're going through a rough patch right now, but just remember that it won't last forever.. you will get through this! Are there any La Leche Leagues around your area where you could get some advice or support? You probably already know this sort of stuff, but maybe look into taking fenugreek? If I was closer I'd come over to give you a break and also give Gunther a bath!!
    Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the encouragement, J. I have a number I've called in the past, but I have a doctor's appt coming up so I may chat with her for a bit the whole diet thing. I've thought about fenugreek, but afraid to try it! :) Maybe I will just to see what it's like.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...