8.03.2011

Not So Picture Perfect

TODAY'S MOTIVATION

Ok, so there are two kinds of motivation. Things that you are motivated to achieve and things that you are motivated to change. Today, I am thinking about something I want to change:


Yowser! Look at that sausage arm and double chin! As much as it hurts to post such a picture of myself I just have to get real. Now, I know that I don't look like this in every picture. The timing of the picture and the angle are not flattering at all. But it doesn't matter. We all have them. Fat pictures. Those moments when we are on vacation or at a special event and later have to deal with what we actually looked like through the eyes of others (thanks to the pictures that were taken of us).

Here are a few more that have been taken of me lately.




Nothing like a dose of reality to smack me in the face and remind me just how bad I'm getting.  It's like the real me has completely disappeared and has been taken over by some fat stranger. 

So any time I feel like straying from a healthy meal plan today I will have these images ingrained in my mind. I will remind myself that I wasn't always like this and can get back to the real me if I really want to. Good bye sausage arms. You have been in my life for too long! 




RANT OR RAVE

Today is a rave.  I just love cardio kickboxing. It is the only place I can go and think about just myself for a whole hour. Even on days that I am dragging my butt, as soon as I finish a class I am so glad I went. 
Source: Krista Kersey's Cardio Kickboxing
I am grateful that I have some sort of physical activity that I actually look forward to most days and that I enjoy. Some people just really hate to exercise. I am glad that I am not one of those people. I feel sorry for those people. It doesn't make them a bad person, it just sucks that they have to try so hard to do something they hate. Now, if I could just get some of my friends to fork out some money and join classes with me....then they would be even better. 




NOTE TO SELF


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...