8.23.2011

You're My Inspiration


TODAY'S MOTIVATION

You may remember last week I did a post about women in my life who inspire me

Today I would like to do a shout out to someone I have been thinking about a lot lately, because she just had a baby and it has brought back a lot of memories of when Maya was born five months ago. I often catch myself wondering how she is doing. Is she going through the same things I went through? The joy, the worry, the lack of sleep, the kisses and cuddles. 

This girl is my sister in law, and happens to be Maya's Godmother. She is an inspiration to me because she is a doer. When she thinks about doing something, wanting something, needing something....she puts it into action. She is a wanderlust at heart and has travelled (i think) to almost every continent and to many major cities throughout the world. She has climbed Mountains and sky scrapers (literally). She has rode elephants, gone on safari, and has seen the whales.  She has tasted unknown cuisines and has seen many of earth's beautiful landscapes. She is the type to move to a random city and will take a Sunday to explore new neighbourhoods all on her own. She has experienced all of this because she decided it was what she wanted to do and she made it happen.  She truly has a zest for life. I admire that in some ways she tries to live simplistically. Family and friends matter to her. She thrives on family tradition and togetherness. She is a wonderful aunt to her nieces and nephews.  She is going to make a great mother and is a great example for others. Thank you sister-from-another-mother, you are my inspiration and therefore keep me motivated in my own goals. 

RANT OR RAVE

You may also remember me talking about things that are beautiful to me. Here is a series of images from a trip I took last year. Enjoy. 
































There were so many beautiful things on that trip. Thinking back on it reminds me to just enjoy the simple things in life. 


NOTE TO SELF




1 comment:

  1. THANK YOU! This was a blessing to read in a time where I am doubting myself and everything I'm doing! I'm so happy to have you in my life because you're my inspiration too and I know I can always turn to you for advice and hope! I think you're the epitome of those posters "Keep Calm and Carry On".

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...