8.04.2011

If You Can Do It, So Can I

TODAY'S MOTIVATION

You know those people who are really overweight and you have only ever known them as overweight, and then one day they lose like a hundred pounds? Well I have known a few people like this. People at work, people in my family, people I see all the time at the grocery store.  Whenever this happens, I can't help but think, "They lost more than I've got to lose, so what's my excuse?".  


Now, all of them have different stories about how they achieved thier weight loss goal. Some did it with the help of medical professionals, some followed weight watchers, some got a personal trainer. Although these people often still struggle with their weight issues, they seem much happier to be their skinny selves, and many of them have stuck with their goal weight for a long period of time. Some of these people are people that I never thought in a million years would be able to change, and yet they did it. So, that is my motivation for today: think of all the others before me who have actually set out to get healthy and did it. If they can do it, so can I!


RANT OR RAVE

Ok so this particular Rant is something that I have complained to others about numerous times...

Large portions while eating out. 

Have you seen the size of food portions that our restaurants and stores are starting to sell?  Fast food chains are the worst. You order a regular size drink and and it seems they give you a freakin' pitcher! It seems now a days if you want a medium size you have to order small, if you want a large size you have to order medium, and so on.  When I worked at one particular fast food place as a teenager, I know that the sizes they sold then were much smaller. And now lots of places have what they call a "snack size", which in reality is what a normal portion should actually be. 



Grocery stores are just as bad.....and don't even get me started on sit down restaurants. I am going to start the habit of cutting my meal in half before I even start and ask the waitress for a take out container. I tell you, it's re-di-cu-lous! I know that we are responsible for our choices, but seriously, it is so incredibly difficult to maintain healthy habits when you are always up against this "bigger is better" mentality of the world around us. 


NOTE TO SELF


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...