8.06.2011

Back In The Day

TODAY'S MOTIVATION

This past weekend, I ran into two different people from high school that I have not seen in years! One was at my sister's wedding in the town we went to school. The other was in the grocery store in a different town that I now live, and it caught me by surprise. Seeing them both brought back great memories, but at the same time I was mortified for them to see that I don't look well compared to back in the day. I'm not one of those people who expects to go back to the size they were when they were 17 years old, however, there is no reason why I can't strive to at least look healthy again. 

Here's what I looked like in high school:


At some sort of formal dance.


At some wedding I went to with my husband (we met when we were young). Notice the short skirt and spaghetti straps mentioned in yesterday's post


My graduation picture. 


Even in university, when I was starting to add the lbs, I didn't look that bad....




And here is what I looked like at the wedding where I ran into the high school friend:


Yeeeaaah. 

And remember that is me all dressed up, the girl in the grocery store wasn't so lucky she saw me with my hair all thrown up in a messy tie with spit up on my shirt. It wasn't pretty. 

Anyhow, the point is, I want to be able to run into people and feel pride, not embarrassment.  I feel like I have a lot of things to be proud of in my life and it is a shame that my overall appearance doesn't reflect that. I know most people from high school don't look the same (except the two I ran into who look like I just saw them yesterday), but this is one piece of motivation I can hold onto today. 


RANT OR RAVE

So I have to share the contents of my favourite salad. I think it is the perfect blend of a treat that is also relatively healthy:

Baby spinach
Cucumbers
Cherry Tomatoes
Strawberries
Blueberries
Low Fat Goats Cheese
Low Fat Raspberry Vinaigrette Dressing

It looks similar to this without the nuts although if you like nuts they would be a good addition:


I eat this a lot for lunch in the summer when everything is so fresh!


NOTE TO SELF




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...