8.25.2011

You Are Not Alone

TODAY'S MOTIVATION

What keeps me motivated today is knowing that I am not alone. The other day I was talking to someone and they were telling me about how they want to get back into their work out routine, eat better, etc.  I will do it after this, I will start after that, they say.  It's the constant intention of wanting to start fresh but being overwhelmed with life. Taking care of the kids, working the full time job, getting done the gazillion projects, meeting all the obligations. There is not enough time in the day, people say. I wish I could just win the lottery so that I would not have to work and then I would hire a personal trainer and get in shape. 

I can relate, I had those thoughts a million times. Sometimes I really did start fresh but most times I didn't, and the thing is, I never stuck to anything. It was distorted thinking at it's best and it was not productive. But lets save that discussion for another day. The point I am trying to make is, it is comforting knowing that I am not the only one who has struggled with this. It really got me thinking - almost every person in my life at some time or another has had this conversation. So many are not happy with the way they look, they do not feel a hundred percent in their skin. What surprises me is that many of these people are not overweight and are attractive people, yet they still strive for improvement of their bodies and their health. One time when I was talking about my worries of being overweight, my best friend (who is slim and very athletic) told me that even skinny people have these issues. The constant battle of wanting to lose weight or eat healthy is something they think about all the time as well. I believe her.  

So I guess I am trying to say that I acknowledge that I'm not the only one. This in some way makes me feel more motivated because I know I am not crazy for thinking the way I do. It also motivates me because it reminds me that I am breaking the old cycle and doing something about it.  

One day I had a moment where it hit me like a ton of bricks. I realized that the only thing that was getting in the way of my goals was myself. "I wish I could be thinner", "I wish I could be healthier", "I wish I had the time to do this and do that". Well a voice inside of me said "Your wish is YOUR command".  Pretty clever voice, huh? I spend a lot of time in my profession helping people challenge their perception of their problems and finding active solutions. So many times I would think, "Wow, this person is the only thing getting in the way of what they really want".  It's ironic that the same thing was true of myself.  I admit, it is easier for me right now being home with Maya to focus on myself and stay organized. But the time will come when I will have to go back to work and I will have to find a way to keep this going. In the mean time, I find comfort in the fact that I am not alone....and neither are you my friends, neither are you. 


RANT OR RAVE

I love hanging out on my back porch in the mornings, especially when it's really sunny out. The perfect prelude to a healthy breakfast. 
















NOTE TO SELF







1 comment:

  1. Great post Stace!
    You are right, you are not alone. I am with you every step of the way! You are doing a great job! Keep up the good work!
    P.S. I LOVE those pics of Maya! I can' believe how much she has changed since July!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...