8.31.2011

You've Been Tagged

TODAY'S MOTIVATION

Facebook. It's your friend and your enemy. It is the perfect way to keep in touch with family and friends. Seeing the latest pictures of your cousin's baby. Hearing about your co-worker's trip to Columbia. Making plans for the family reunion. It is also the most annoying thing. Blocking douche bag classmates from high school who won't stop messaging you. Checking your privacy settings for the umpteenth time because of yet another revamping of the site. And...being tagged in photos. 


Don't get me wrong, tagging can be a lot of fun - until that moment when you realize that someone tagged you in the most unflattering picture ever,  and it's already been on everyone's feed for the last day and a half before you could even intervene. For people who are overweight, this is a much more common occurrence, since most pictures of them have the potential to be unflattering. And let's face it, people only want the most flattering pictures of themselves on their profile.  It's called the "Leave if to Beaver" phenomenon - you know, when people want everything to look perfect and hunky-dory on their profile page, including their pictures.  I can't help but wonder, would I be less self conscious about tagged photos of me if I were skinnier? Thus my motivation to stay on track today.


RANT OR RAVE 

I LOVE summer, even with all the heat. I HATE winter, I have no use for it. Fall is pleasant, but can't be thoroughly enjoyed because it is like the count down to winter. But since I have been trying to stay in the present, I have been attempting to get Maya and myself outside as much a possible to enjoy it while we still can. Here is a 51 second rendition of photos,  in exact order they were taken, of Maya in the back yard yesterday morning. And let's not forget I added happy music to keep up with the Leave it to Beaver effect. 



I admit I am a little excessive with the picture taking. I think it's a symptom of FTMS (otherwise known as First Time Mom Syndrome). 



NOTE TO SELF



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...