10.15.2011

You're My Inspiration

TODAY'S MOTIVATION

Today I would like to give a shout out to another woman who inspires me: my mother in law! Yes that's right. Although most people like to complain about their MIL, I would have to say that I rather like mine. She is an inspiration to me because she is a lover of life. She is often living in the moment and soaks up all the time she can get with her family and friends. This lady is often difficult to find because she is never home. She is always out and about visiting her friends, going on trips, and spending time with her kids and grandkids. Her house is mostly just a place she lays her head at night because she is always on the go, livin' it up!  She is a very loyal wife, mother, and friend. If something is important to someone in her life, she makes it important to her too. She is not afraid to try new things. She is open to many possibilities. Sure she  has her vices, like we all do, but she is a person that does not ever seem to have any regrets. She is far from lazy. She works hard but she also knows how to have fun. She is someone who will be able to to sit down when she is 90 years old and say that she lived a full life, and if tragedy were to strike before then (heaven forbid!) her family would be able to say goodbye to her knowing that they were loved by her deeply. She is many people's rock, she is the foundation of her family, and she is that person who makes friends wherever she goes.  This is a woman who enjoys the many pleasures of life, and this attitude tends to be contagious. When you are with her you want to enjoy things too. But mostly, she is an inspiration because she doesn't hold back, she lives her life with great passion. She has taught me to enjoy life and to enjoy it with the people you love. I will remember that today.

Other people who inspire me:

triplet ladymountain climberwise onenon-quittercheerleadernurturing soulmumsie, survivor

RANT OR RAVE

Another beautiful thing I came across a while back. I was travelling to Albuquerque, New Mexico for a work conference. With flight cancellations and delays, I ended up not getting there until midnight and it was pitch dark out when I arrived at my hotel. I didn't know much about this region other than that it is much warmer than where I live in Southwestern Ontario. The next morning, I woke up to the sunlight glowing behind the hotel room curtains. I slowly shuffled out of my bed and across the room to open the curtains and take in my first view of New Mexico.  You know when you have a mental picture of what something is going to look like in your mind and then when you actually see it is nothing like it? Well that's what happened to me. I was picturing a flat and dry landscape with streets and buildings. But instead I got this. 





I was like "Whoah! There are mountains here. How did I get all the way from the airport to here without seeing them?". There they were, clearly towering over the city.  It was a beautiful way to start the morning. Some day I am going to travel to the rocky mountains. I hear the rockies leave people in awe. These ones wouldn't even compare - but they were still beautiful anyway.

Other beautiful things:

backyard creaturesisland getawayfrench citycottage funmaritimesummer vacationmexico paradise, growing


NOTE TO SELF




1 comment:

  1. You are so kind, Stacey to say all those things. I am blessed to have such great daughter-in-laws. I'm so proud of all that you are doing and I just love watching you with Maya. You are such a great mom. Love you!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...