10.23.2011

You're My Inspiration

TODAY'S MOTIVATION

I would like to do a mention of someone who is a significant part of my work life and is a woman who inspires me greatly. My boss. She is an inspiration to me because she embodies what a great boss is, and is everything that I hope to be some day. This is a person who took a chance on a young, naive, fresh out of school graduate that had no real experience working in the field we are in.  She provided me with resources and support every step of the way as I began to grow into the person I am today. She gave nothing but encouragement, guidance, and wisdom when I needed it. Despite that, she allowed me to still have independence and find my own way. There are many other mentors that I look up to a my job. People who's experience and expertise I have directly benefited from. But the boss lady has been the one who I have grown especially fond of, because she has helped me see my potential, and because she continues to cheer for me in my efforts to find what makes me happy in my work life. She is kind, fair, down to earth, allows you to say it how it is. She is not afraid to have a little fun, but still always maintains her professionalism. Sure, not every boss is perfect. But there is not a whole lot that our team has complained about when it comes to her performance as our supervisor. Whatever weaknesses she has is made up for in her ability to run the show with great efficiency and success. Not only that but she is just a good person in general. If we did not work together, if we perhaps met in a different context, I believe that we would have become good friends. I hope that some day  I will be able to reach further career goals and when that happens she is one of the people I will thank. She is the one who has been there from day one, helping me grow, cheering me on, and one of the big reasons why I started to believe that I could do more in my life. My job is a stressful one, but having a great boss and wonderful co-workers gives me a reason to keep getting up and going to work every day.  They are a part of my job that I like. This person is also an inspiration because she has achieved many things in her life that I too hope to achieve some day. She gives me something to look up to. Something that reminds me that if she can do it, so can I. So today I will remember that there are people who believe in me, people who want me to do well, and people who have shown me that things are possible. 



RANT OR RAVE

I just love sundays.  Especially when my hubby is home. It think Maya and I may stay in our P.J's all day and cuddle up by the fire place. Sure I've got laundry to do, purees to make and freeze, yard work to finish. I think I'll just put a stew in the slow cooker instead and cuddle with my baby girl and whatever gets done, gets done - and whatever doesn't, doesn't. 

Here are some more images I find beautiful. They are from sitting under various trees. I love sitting in parks and other places and just hanging out under the trees. I love just looking up at the leaves and getting lost in thought. I think trees are just so beautiful. The way that they have a million curves and crevices, branching out in all different directions, each having a hundred intricate leaves.  It makes you feel calm, cool, at ease. 






















NOTE TO SELF



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...