10.28.2011

Blah

TODAY'S MOTIVATION

So today and yesterday I was feeling really "blah" during the day. You ever just have days where you feel, well, "fat"? I was having those days. I didn't have as much energy, I was having low moods, I was feeling like I was not being productive at all, and I was craving all kinds of junk food.


I was trying to figure out what caused such a switch for me and I immediately realized that I had two days this week where I ate a lot  more processed foods than usual like bread and cheese and chocolate. On Monday we went out for dinner  and then on Wednesday we ordered pizza (both for my husband's birthday). Both times I did not allow myself to feel guilty for eating unhealthy because I know that it's ok to indulge once in a while and that it's ok once in a while to celebrate a special occasion. Anyhow, as much as I enjoyed the treats, it really helped me see first hand just how much of an impact certain foods have on me. For example, when I ate garlic bread, I was up four times that night to drink water because I was so dehydrated from all the salt. The cheese and white bread I ate caused huge gas pains.  On top of it, I wasn't getting much protein or vegetables and this made me sluggish and made me want to eat more crap. Working out definitely helped a bit, but I just didn't have as much energy to push myself like I could have.  I am not saying all of this to complain - I just wanted to give a background to what is going to motivate me today. You see, the only thing I can think of to get out of this is to keep getting active, keep eating healthy, and take care of myself. What other choice do I have?  It's the only way to get rid of this "blah" feeling. So today I am motivated to start feeling good again. 

The other thing is I have been struggling with the numbers on my scale. I have been sitting at the same spot for the past three weeks. I keep going down two pounds, then up two pounds, then down two, then up two. I can't seem to get past that spot. I know it's not always about numbers but it is hard to feel like you are making progress when the scale doesn't show any change.



The bigger issue is the fact that I am so conflicted about whether I should be trying to follow a strict diet (and thus lose weight faster) or just keep trying to eat healthy in general (thus taking a lot longer to lose).  There is so much evidence that points to the ineffectiveness of diets (in the long term) but I can't help but want to lose weight more quickly. But I will comment more on that later. Anyhow, that's my two cents for today. I am going to keep moving forward like I always do. As I said, the only cure is to keep eating healthy, so that is what I am going to do today.


RANT OR RAVE

If you have not already seen this video, watch it. Interesting. Just another example of the problem we have. 



RANDOMS

So Maya and I didn't get out and execute operation beautiful yesterday. It just didn't work out. Today we  plan to make it happen. Here's the post it's we made. Will keep ya posted (no pun intended). 




Since I always seem to be obsessed with taking pictures of creatures in my yard, would you like to see a picture of a toad I took a long time ago?



I know, only weird people post such pictures on their blog. I have no life.  Carry on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...