10.06.2011

No Day But Today

TODAY'S MOTIVATION

If I want something I have to take it. I have to do the work. It's that simple. I can't sit around and wish things would be a certain way. I have to make it that way myself. My wish is my command.  I'm really going to try to remember that today. There's no day but today. Speaking of which, I read a blog post by Melissa from Dear Baby that really hit home for me. Check it out.  This all ties in together for me today because I have been having a heck of a time getting decent sleep lately. I am a ZOMBIE in the mornings. My baby girl is just not sleeping well. Despite that, I have still been able to make sure that I have healthy meals, get some errands done, go for walks with the fam, etc, and then still hit up kickboxing at the end of the day when I feel I have nothing left to give. I personally think that the reason I am still functioning despite the sleep torture is the fact that I am taking care of myself. If I were just eating twinkies all day I would probably be sitting on my couch crying about how hard it is to be a Mom. But instead I am making sure that I am getting my nutrients and exercise so that I don't have a break down. It is true, you are what you eat in the sense that your moods are so connected to what you put into your mouth. Anyhow, I have been really wishing that this stage with Maya will pass soon, but after reading the blog post from Dear Baby, I realized that I need to continue to appreciate the good things while I can. For example - Maya's crazy new sounds that she is making every day, her sudden ability to sit up in the shopping cart at the store, her obsessive interest in our dog, her increasing mobility, her appetite for sweet potatoes and squash.  Some mornings I am so tired and then I look at her and instantly melt. I still can't believe that Chris and I created her. Watching your child grow is the greatest miracle. Maya is sitting next to me in her P'J's right now as we speak and every time I look over at her she blows spit bubbles and smiles. See?





So anyway, the two main things that keep me going today is remembering that if I want something I have to do the work TODAY, and if I want to enjoy my baby I have to enjoy her TODAY.  Hope that makes sense.

RANT OR RAVE

Have you heard of operation beautiful?


Sounds pretty cool. I heard about it through a family member who posted it on her blog. Speaking of which, go pay her a visit over at Wanderlust if you want to hear about her travels, thoughts on life, and being a Mom.  I think things like operation beautiful are a great way to boost the collective self esteem of women in our society! I'm gonna make up some post-its today!



NOTE TO SELF 



2 comments:

  1. Maya is so cute, I can't wait to see her. It's true.... slow down and enjoy life as it is today. Children grow up way too fast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, that last picture of Maya is so so cute! hehe
    That reminds me.. I need to go post the operation beautiful notes I made months ago :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...