10.26.2011

Happy Birthday Darling

TODAY'S MOTIVATION

Happy birthday to my darling husband and best friend. We met over thirteen years ago, although it seems like I have known you my whole life. There are not too many memories without you in it. I still remember when we were in university and we talked about the future - about getting jobs, a house, being married, having kids - as if it was still so far in the future. And now look how far we've come. We've had our moments, like all married couples, we have had to work through our issues here and there - but I can honestly say without a doubt that every day we have been together has been the best day of my life. Whenever life gets tough, I still go to bed thinking that it will be ok cause I have you by my side. Like I said at our wedding - I'm not afraid of anything that life may bring because I know you will always be there beside me, holding my hand. And that I am grateful for. You have been an immense support with my efforts to get healthy and you have been there loving me through all of my sizes and all of my triumphs and tribulations over the years.  We have always done things our way, we have always cared enough to try harder, we have always been there for each other just as we promised we would. Now that Maya is in our lives, I get to see a whole new side of you, and you are such a great daddy, you really are. It is a joy seeing the two of you together. So thank you my darling for being you and for loving me. I talk a lot about Maya being a significant source of motivation to keep going, but you are too! If not for you, than I wouldn't be the person I am today and I am doing this for me, for you, for us. Thanks for making my life such a happy one. 





RANT OR RAVE

Do you remember me talking about operation beautiful? Well I have decided that tomorrow is going to be the day that Maya and I go on a little mission - so stay tuned for the recap on how it went. 



RANDOMS

So yesterday one of my cardio kickboxing instructors gave me some encouragement about my weight loss and it was just good timing because I was feeling a big discouraged before I went into class that day. She always seems to know when I need a boost and it is appreciated.  Although sometimes I have a hard time with compliments on my progress. I will explain that more another day. 




Have you ever had something that creeps you out, even though you know it is a silly thing, but it's still scary anyway?  I made these dolls for Maya before she was born and put them on the shelf in the nursery. During the day they look like these cutesy little animals.






But at night time when I am sitting in the rocking chair and the lights are out all I can see is the big eyes looking at me and it freaks me out! The pig on the far right is the creepiest. Those eyes are crazy!



Since it is my hubby's birthday and all I decided to make a dessert for him, even though I won't be able to eat it - but that's ok, it's not all about me.  I'm going to use this recipe since he loves this kind of cake. 


Yum. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...