10.07.2011

By The Time...

TODAY'S MOTIVATION

By the time Christmas is here, I could be more than half way towards my weight loss goals. By the time I go back to work I could be fitting into sizes that I didn't even fit into when I started my job. By the time summer hits, I could be looking back at this and being glad that I am not spending another summer hating the way I look. Many people sit and wish that things could be different in their lives, that they want to do certain things "some day",  but they could have achieved their goals ten times over already if they had just stopped complaining and put it into action.


I don't want another ten years of my life to pass by before I realize that I could have had what I wanted a long time ago. It's kind of like people who regret not doing something in their youth like finishing college or taking that trip to Europe.  You don't get that time back and if you would have just done the work the first time you wouldn't be wishing, you wouldn't be having regrets - you would be happy with your life. This is something that I will try to focus on today.


RANT OR RAVE

Have you heard about the concept of a "fat tax" being implemented in Denmark?

Wonder what that would be like if it were to happen in Canada?

There are tons of articles debating the topic here, here, and here.


Not sure what I think about this concept, but I am skeptical that it would actually be effective in reducing obesity.  Seriously, did it work when they increased the price of cigarettes? I also wonder if they would even be taxing the right foods? They would have to do a lot more research before they could determine which foods are considered unhealthy. Fat is just one thing to consider, what about sugar content, processed foods, etc? Sounds like a retail nightmare to me.


NOTE TO SELF 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...