10.04.2011

Out Of The Closet

 TODAY'S MOTIVATION

Ah, my beloved closet...


When I first moved into this house I thought to myself, "Who the heck needs a closet this spacious? I'm never gonna fill it!"


Then I moved in. This is my side of the closet. Jam packed. 




If I had lots of moolah, I would definitely purchase one of those crazy closet organizers with all the fancy drawers and cupboards where every shoe, blouse, bag, skirt has it's place. But this works for now. 

These two dressers are also jammed with clothes!


You may remember me getting rid of a bunch of stuff in our yard sale this summer where I decided to get rid of stuff. 

Well I decided it was time to tackle my closet, the one thing left to de-clutter. I got rid of all the clothes that are too big, all my maternity wear, and anything that was just UGLY.  When I was going through it, I couldn't believe how long some of the items have been sitting in my closet. The thing is, about half of the clothes were things that I probably have not even taken off the hanger since I lived in this house for the past three and a half years. A lot of it consisted of smaller items I no longer fit into that I wanted to keep "just in case" I lost weight.  There was an array of sizes, some dating all the way back to 2007! The thing is, I would love to keep these clothes except now they are all out of style!  It was actually a bit emotional going through my closet. You would think that it is just a pile of clothes, but really, each item had some sort of memory. The bathing suit I wore on my honeymoon, dresses I wore to weddings, the fat clothes I had to buy after I had Maya (because nothing fit me for the first month of her life).  It really was a concrete way of seeing just how much I have gained and lost over the years. It was weird looking at some clothes that I had worn all the time in the past which now look so small and then others that I wore not that long ago that look so big.  I wanted to save some items just so that I could try them on as the pounds come off but they were so ugly I figured they needed to be chucked. 

As I went through and took things off the hangers the clothes started to pile up.



And this was the final "get rid of" pile. Craziness. About three stacks were maternity clothes, which was sad to get rid off because I spent a lot of money on them and now they will not fit me during my next pregnancy.  Hopefully someone else will benefit from wearing them. 


When all was said and done, this was the before and after shot of my side of the closet. 

Before

After

After
I no longer have a shortage of hangers. 



Last night I lugged these bags to the community clothing drop off box. It was located right by the kickboxing place. Nothing like finishing a fat burning session and then crossing the road to get rid of your baggy clothes. How convenient!  



As I was going through my closet I had a few revelations:

1) My fashion sense has always been non-existent. I am going to have to change that one of these days!
2) I tend to buy the same things over and over again. Sometimes I even buy the same shirt in three different colours. Boring!
3) Fat clothes are just plain ugly. They are just camouflage for the problem areas. 
4) I have way too many "office" clothes. 
5) I need to stop buying black. 
6) Most of the clothes still in the closet are going to be too big for me soon!

Today I am motivated to keep fitting into smaller clothes until everything in my closet goes.  


RANT OR RAVE

Yesterday I made a classic hearty vegetable soup recipe. I have never made soup before, I don't know why - it's so easy!  I added a bit of quinoa to make it a bit thicker since I usually like to put lots of crackers in (but that is not part of my meal plan). It was pretty tasty!


I will head over to the recipe page and post the soup contents soon. 


NOTE TO SELF






1 comment:

  1. Way to go, Stacey!!! You must feel so good about getting rid of all those clothes..... you go girl!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...