10.22.2011

Motorcycles

TODAY'S MOTIVATION

Today has gotten away from me, I literally rolled out of bed and went to kickboxing, then by the time I got back home my friend called and asked me and Maya to meet up by the lake for a walk and some girl talk.  We spotted quite a few motorcycles going by. It is nice out today, a break from the cold and wet weather we have been having lately. It made me think of my poor husband who owns a bike of his own but has not even gotten out on it once this year since Maya was born.  


Before we were married he used to come pick me up in the town I went to University and we would go for rides on his bike. We were young and had nothing else to do. It was fun riding on the back with my arms around him. After we got married, he sold the bike and bought a newer one. This one I only rode a few times. It is the kind of bike that is really only meant for one person, or one person and their stick-thin, feather-light girlfriend.  Over the years as I have gained weight I wouldn't even think about going on it with him. It's not that I wouldn't fit on the thing, it's just that I would look so silly on it. No one wants to look at a big fat but sitting on the back of a motorcycle. My husband talked about selling his bike this season, but I don't think he can bring himself to just yet. I know that he is too busy doing other more important things. Such as watching a Coldplay concert on TV with Maya which they are doing right now as I type this. 


But soon enough he will decide that it's time to say goodbye to the bike until things settle down, maybe when Maya is older, maybe when he retires, who knows.  In the mean time, I hope that he can bring it out a least a few more times, and with me on the back with a skinny butt, rockin' a cool jacket and matching boots, with my hair waving under my helmet, and just for one more time, enjoy being those youngsters we were years ago. 


RANT OR RAVE

Walking. It's under-rated. There are so many good things about going for walks. You get those endorphins going, you get to clear your head, you get to spend time with your pup or walking partner, you get to take in the scenery, and you get to burn off some fat while you are at it. I went for quite a few walks with Maya and Chris and our pup this summer and I see the benefits. Today was no exception So today I am giving a thumbs up to walks. 


NOTE TO SELF


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...