10.21.2011

Swimming Lessons

TODAY'S MOTIVATION

On Monday I took Maya to swimming "lessons". Usually this is something she does with her daddy but he was away for work that day. So we got to spend some mom and daughter time together. Maya loves swimming and being in the pool with others.  The class consists of babies / toddlers and their parents. They mostly just splash, blow bubbles, sing songs, and the like. It is great fun.  It's like a bunch of momma ducks and their babies just doing their thing. Like many people I always hate being in my bathing suit, but what can ya do? 


I was thinking it would be nice if I lose enough weight -  perhaps I would be able to do these types of things and not be so self conscious. I know that Maya will pick up on me being self conscious about how I look and I don't want that to rub off on her. Besides, when she gets older I don't want her to have a mom who is the fattest mom in the class (luckily I was not in this particular class).  I know that sounds mean and shallow but what can I say, kids can be very discriminatory by nature.  But mostly, I just want to enjoy doing activities with my baby girl without the body image issues. 



RANT OR RAVE

Found another recipe I may want to try. Simple, but looks tasty. Check it out here




NOTE TO SELF




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...